Eyes are incredible, and unfortunately something we take for granted. Known as the most complex organ after the brain, our eyes are responsible for 90% of all the information we learn throughout our lives with visual cues such as observing, reading, thinking and writing. Eyes play a major role in our intellectual foundation and growth.
Here are some truly wondrous facts about eyes:
– The muscles in your eye are the most active muscles in your body.
– The human eye can distinguish about 10 million different colors.
– People with blue eyes tend to have a higher alcohol tolerance.
– The camera equivalent of the human eye would be 576 megapixels.
– We spend about 10% of the day blinking.
– The video game Tetris has been used to treat lazy eye in adults…so get some gameboys.
– Albert Einstein’s eyes are kept in a safe box in New York.